Wednesday, July 09, 2008

celebrate

I love celebrations, especially my birthday! Thanks to many of you for the phone calls, snail mail (this is one of my fav things in life, getting fun mail), emails, and gifts.
I think we don't celebrate enough. Sure, the big things in life like weddings and babies we celebrate, but what about the small, everyday things.
I think if we put celebration in place of apathy in a lot of life, we would be much happier people. So there you go, that's my encouragement for today- enjoy the season of life you are in right now to it's fullest.

Here's pics from my birthday, and a painting I have finished!
Breakfast in bed-- sweet!
The beautiful gold bridge in Sacramento behind me, after church we went out to lunch along the river, it was a beautiful day.
We walked around Old Sacramento and enjoyed the free candy stores and ice-cream.
My good friend Mary and her husband Ben from church came over for a bbq. Her bday is exactly one week after mine, so we had our husbands sing to us!
This is a painting I finished for our friends Anne & Nick Blystra. It's of the Sonoma/Napa area, I'm happy with how it came together. I used gold for the first time in a painting and am very happy with it, I feel like Gustav Klimt and how he uses gold.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like any sort of food while in bed (although I hate the crubs) sounds like you had a great day and it was nice to see you last weekend. Nice painting.