Sunday, January 11, 2009

(a)typical Sunday afternoon . . .

So, after a short hiatus, this is Myron, back from the dead to
tell you about our relaxing Sunday afternoon. We set out for
the small town of Winters, which is about 25 minutes from
Davis to enjoy the beautiful weather and scenic drive.

After parking in the small historic downtown, we found
this sign behind the famous 'Buckhorn' steakhouse.
Let's just say, I like this town already . . .


A short walk away was this taco truck where Andrea and
I ate for $6, that's right 6 tacos and a Jarritos for $6!!!
Only in Winters . . . . and this taco truck was even recognized
in a San Francisco guide as a place to visit outside of the city.
It lived up to all expectations . . .

Here is a close up in case the last one was too far away . . .


Taking our tacos to eat at the park . . .


The plunder, 2 carnitas (pork) tacos, 2 spicy pork tacos,
2 chicken tacos, and a tamarind Jarritos drink . . . mmmm . . .


This guy and his wife came to park with their two dogs and yes,
their pet squirrel "Stinkerbell," which was tied on a leash and
scurried around on his shoulder. We were impressed at how
well he had trained her and found out from him that it is
actually illegal to have a pet squirrel in the state of California.
However, this guy and his wife are planning on starting a
squirrel rehabilitation center . . . for all those squirrels that
need rehabilitating . . . guess there's something for everybody out there . . .


We left Winters and made our way through the beautiful hills
to Vacaville where we stopped at our favorite ice cream place,
Fenton's Creamery. This shop makes all its ice cream fresh and
puts Blue Bunny in its place, plus it is hands down the most food
you'll get for the money.
Here is Andrea posing with the Sunday :) we were about to devour . . .


This thing is nearly as big as my entire head . . .



The first bite of mocha almond fudge ice cream,
which is actually the flavor I chose,
but I let Andrea take the first bite . . . just this once . . .
I'm not bitter or anything . . .

Well, a good time was had by all, which was only 2 of us,
but most importantly, I got to spend a wonderful afternoon
enjoying food, the good outdoors, and conversation with my best friend . . .

Cheers,
Myron and Andrea

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Myron, you are such a giver to Andrea. I know how it is to give and give and give till it hurts just to see one little smile. Do we expect thanks??? of course not we are just doing our jobs (just to clarify it is nice to get a thanks once in a while). Nice pics and looks like you are having fun.

BJR said...

Myron,
You're hilarious. I could "hear" you narrating your day throughout the post and laughed out loud. Can't wait to talk to you and catch up. I miss you, brother!

Andrea VW K. said...

Yes, John, you boys just have it sooo tough! ha ha..

Anonymous said...

PLEASE, John!!! Give us a break! For the record, Thank you for everything you do!
Back the post, you 2 finsh that Sunday? I think I would need about 10 units if I attempted to eat that bad boy.
Can't wait to see you! Brenda