Monday, December 15, 2008

Sara Groves concert & trip to IA


My friend Anne and I went to a women's Christmas event
at a church in Lodi. Each table was decorated with the woman
who hosted that table's best dishes and Christmas decorations.
They served a great dessert, coffee, and tea. But the best part
of the event was hearing one of my favorite musical artists,
Sara Groves! If you haven't heard her music, check out her
stuff online. Her songs are full of meaning, and she's a great
advocate for social injustices also. It was a wonderful way to
start out the Christmas season, to put everything in perspective
of why we celebrate. It was an amazing experience!

2 weeks ago I was sent to IA from the CA CSI schools to recruit
at Dordt & Northwestern for teachers in CA. It was a fun trip home,
I enjoyed helping my mom in her classroom, going to chapel at Dordt
with my dad, and getting facials & Christmas shopping with my sister!
We also got a Christmas tree for my parents, decorated it, and I
enjoyed helping my mom decorate the house for Christmas well
as do some holiday baking. It was a great time, and it made me
even more excited to go back for Christmas! Enjoy the pics.

1 comment:

the doumas said...

andrea! i can't believe i just stumbled across your blog- crazy! hope you and myron are doing great!!

adri douma