Yep, that's right. During Myron's externships he is staying in his parent's 20 foot trailer at an rv park in Tulare, and I am there as well when I come up and visit him. It's week 6 of Myron being gone from Davis, and week 4 of good ole trailer livin.
So this blog is dedicated to culturing all of you who are uncultured in trailer living.
Here's a few positive and maybe not so positive things about this lifestyle, you can decide if it's positive to you or not.
1. Railroad tracks- did you know trains run every couple hours? And yes it does shake the walls and everything in the trailer.
2. It's amazing that in the trailer bathroom you can sit on the toilet, reach over and wash your hands at the same time as well as stick your feet in the trailer tub/shower.
3. 100 degree and higher heat + no trees = your own personal sona (no worries, just turn on the AC!)
4. Research says to only sleep in your bed, therefore when watching a movie on your computer, just turn the other way to watch the movie.
5. Forgot that fork? No problem, while eating at the table just reach over in the drawer and get it.
6. Low ceilings, tight quarters + cabinets that open horizontally = a daily routine of Andrea
hitting her head
7. A fun date- buying ice cream at the gas station a block away
8. People in their pj's all day? Proper and frequent attire for trailer living.
9. No tv allowed for lots of good quality chats and a chance for Myron to study and read and Andrea to make jewelry!
10. Simple Living- everything is smaller, simpler, and easier in a lot of ways!
Therefore, trailer livin has made us realize we want to live in a trailer forever, someday we can stick our kids in the cabinets or they can sleep in the sink or tub.
ok so if you don't know me very well, know I'm totally kidding with that last statement. :)
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sounds like fun! Can we come stay by you this weekend??? Seriously, how long are you around yet? I would like to look at your fun jewelry!
Rachelle
Hi Rachelle- you are always welcome at the Kamper trailer, although I'm not quite sure where you could sleep! :)
I am actually not in Tulare anymore, I left last week Sun, but Myron is there finishing up today and will leave tomorrow afternoon.
We will most definitely have to bead it up when I come back and do crafty things! I hope the selling of the bows goes well, let me know how it goes.
Hope you are and your kids are well!
Andrea
Living in tight quarters does have its advantages, eh? My bachelorette suite is small (though not quite trailer-sized) and I have been enjoyed the fact that my furniture and my one little room serve so many purposes! Plus, much easier to clean. Another advantage of tight quarters.
Enjoy.
Yes, I agree with less space to clean! And for me, the less to clean the better! :)
Post a Comment