By the way, any tips on killing a cricket behind your unmovable stove? I might go insane.
The pier off of my parents cottage in NC, just a half block from where I grew up. Being here made me remember and love my childhood- catching jellyfish, climbing trees, swimming like a fish, eating peaches off the tree, and running around like crazy hoolagans with my siblings and all my cousins who lived next door and bringing my dolls over for tea at my grandma and grandpa's home across the road... good times.
We love our neice, Noemi.
Ok, true test if my sister actually reads our blog. Sorry, Al I just couldn't resist, what a picture! She was enthralled and obsessed with my dad's Mike's hard lemonade, too funny!
My wild and funloving awesome relatives! These girls are my cousin's girls, they took us to this 'secret beach', on our way back from going on a bear hunt. Yes, I'm serious, and we did see 2 bears in their suburban through the land they farm, it was great.
Evidence of a bear on the shore.
We spent lots of time in the warm salty inlet water, kinda swampy in some places, but gotta love it! Here Myron is swimming with Noemi, she loved swimming, and the taste of the water. :) We did see dolphins one morning, it was very exciting!
Quality Auntie Andrea time.
We took the ferry over in our rental car and enjoyed a night on the island of Ocracoke. We enjoyed the beautiful beach, Myron did some body surfing, and walking the coast. Here we are in front of a lighthouse at Ocracoke- we saw 3 lighthouses in one day, but I'll spare you all the pics.
Yum.... it was tasty.
View of the inside of a lighthouse looking up.
3 comments:
Yes, that face that Noemi is making while looking at 'the bottle'... is all to familar. The face will stay the same no matter how old she gets. Thanks for saving us the pics of the 3 lighthouses, seeing as I already have multiple pictures of them when we went on our trip out there with all the other elderly people visiting lighthouses. You gotta love running around like hoolagans. Great pics and it looks like you had a good time.
I need to call you ASAP!! I miss ya girl! Sounds like you had a great time and can't wait to catch all the details...nothing like being on the East coast :)
talk to you soon!
Rebecca
Unlike my husband, I was bummed that I didn't see more lighthouse pics. I'll just have see more when I see you!
Post a Comment