Sunday, March 30, 2008

Mexico

We are back from our trip to Derradmadero, Mexico. We got home at 2 am this am. It was an enriching esperience for us both, indvidually and together as a couple!


Myron and I in front of the church we served at in Derramadero, MX

Myron, Kirk, and Keith (Dr. Keith Rhode, small animal veterinarian)
Myron taking a break during a ranch visit to play with the kids and try out their bull riding contraption they made with a barrel, rope, and boards. Clever!
Our friend snapped this picture, we are at the church se worked at.
We got to ride donkeys for the first time! It was great, we raced, and mine won! I like riding horses better, they're much faster than donkeys. :)

The kids were so curious and inquisitive about the animals and us being there

Myron performing a neuter surgery on a dog, I sat through the whole surgery! I felt very proud of him!!A few of the kids I worked with while I was there Riding in the town's parade! 8 adults + 1 donkey + wobbly wooden cartVisiting a tortilla factory in the town

A cow Myron gave medicine to

4 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like you guys had a great time down there. The donkey picture is great, but you guys look a little big to be riding those minature animals. I am glad that you made it back safe without incident and I am sure we will be talking very soon.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I really like the one of the donkey with the hat on. Good to keep the sun out of his eyes! I will have to hear more about your trip! Brenda

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I really like the one of the donkey with the hat on. Good to keep the sun out of his eyes! I will have to hear more about your trip! Brenda

Eric and Andrea said...

Hey Guys!
Nice looking asses you are riding. We really enjoyed reading the post about your work there- seems you got really involved in a short amount of time. That is great also that you could go together and share your gifts...
Happy Belated Birthday Myron! We left our dutch calendar at home, so the date flew by :) But, we'll try and bring you and elephant home from here, at least we could do that for you.
Well, hope all is well.