On Thursday evening Andrea and I made the two hour drive to a beloved place we call San Ho' or San Jose for the politically correct
We stayed with John and Brenda DeJong at the Plug's house because they were house-sitting for them while they were in Mexico and it was great
While Andrea visited schools on Friday for CSI (Christian Schools International), I stayed home and studied for my biggest midterm of the year (neurology, UGGHHHH!!!)
The Plug's son Trevor was there as well along with their new 3 month old Labrador puppy
Trevor was one of the cooler 11th graders I've met in awhile, but the puppy (named Nando after a soccer player) was a puppy and that means he was annoying, right, John??
As an animal lover, my patience was definitely tested when Nando woke up at 5:30 on Saturday morning and wouldn't shut up, of course nobody heard him but me, so I go to let him out of his cage and was greeted w/ one of the worst smells ever
Let's just say I was not going to clean that mess up myself, so instead I woke up Trevor and he cleaned it while I went back to sleep . . .
On Saturday we went to Brenda's eighth grade softball game, ate lunch at Quizno's (the chili is excellent) watched college football and the World Series (the Rockies stunk), ate Papa Murphy's pizza, and ended the night with Trivial Pursuit
Just one comment about Trivial Pursuit, this game is quite possibly the hardest factoid game out there, among the 5 of us, we answered less than 10% of the questions right . . . or maybe we're just stupid . . . hmmm . . .
Anywho, Sunday was a great day to worship at San Ho' CRC, then lunch at Panera, an hour w' the Alsborgs (their kids were our flowergirl and ringbearer) and back to Davis
In honor of San Jose being such a great place to visit and the DeJongs being such great hosts, I declare this week : SAN HO' WEEK
Can't wait until we go back
Cheers!
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sounds like you had a good time. That is the kind of treatment I expect when I go to Davis next time. We also had a good time and it was great to relax and watch sports all day.
thanks for making me a link.
my dog de-nutting is fully documented for your viewing pleasure.
hey, I got your phone call and I tried to call you back, but your voice mail box was messed up...
anyway... I'll be gone this coming week at a retreat-- Jan 6-10. When are you coming exactly?
Post a Comment