Thursday, March 08, 2007

Animal Kingdom

In January, I was able to attend the North America Veterinary Conference in Orlando, Florida. The conference was great, bu t being in Florida was even better. On our day off, we went to the Animal Kingdom, one of Disney's theme parks. It was awesome and I would highly recommend it, both for the rides and the animals.

If you know what this is, I would be impressed. Starts with a T and ends with an R.


This was the best ride at the park, and the newest. It was called Kilamanjaro.


Here I am after one of the water rides. It was 80 degrees though, so it felt great.


The tigers were definitely one of my favorites.


Give it up for the largest egg-laying species in the world with one egg weighing 1.5 kilograms!!


We have obviously evolved from this creature, or at least Sam has with all that hair :)


The largest mammals on dry land, would that make them "King of the Beasts"?


Can't remember if these are African antelopes or springbucks or maybe even something else. Oh well.


Here is our group from Davis. Behind us is a gigantic manmade tree with over 300 animals carved into it. Quite impressive actually. It looks tiny, but it's actually a couple hundred feet behind us.

So that was it, our day at the zoo/amusement park.
A good time was had for all.
And after a long flight back to Cali, it was back to reality. :)
Gotta get er' done though.
Almost halfway through, can't wait.

Cheers,
Myronius

2 comments:

Nellie said...

Would that first animal be a "tapir?"

Ian said...

I was going to say the same thing!