Friday, June 02, 2006

Yosemite details

Here's a rundown of my weekend in Yosemite

The contestants were:

Andrea Van Wyk
Myron Kamper
John and Brenda DeJong

1. Drove up Sat. morning and found campsite (we did dispersed camping for free outside park!)

2. Hiked 5 miles across dam and around Hetch-Hetchy Lake (San Francisco's drinking water)

3. Cooked hobo dinners over open fire, followed by hobo banana split and smores!

4. Froze our butts off at night, it even snowed a little bit, brrrrr....

5. Started hiking around 8:30 on Sunday

6. Made it to Half Dome @ 1:00 and ate lunch

7. Back down in valley at 6:30, saw black bear in meadow and a bunch of deer

8. Ate pizza, drank fat tire, and bought souvenirs at Curry Village

9. Slept like logs and drove home Monday morning

10. Have been feeling the effects ever since, but it was awesome and I recommend it to anyone!

For more awesome pics, check out my latest entry on the VET SCHOOL PICS link, I recommend the slideshow for best results!

Cheers,
Myronius

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey myron!

how are ya? I checked out your hiking pictures...loved them! Hope things are going well with school and everything...sounds like you and Andrea will be able to see each other a little more since she's finished with school. We'll have to get together the next time you come back to the Midwest! See ya...rebecca

Sam and Darcie Gutierrez said...

dude! I've done that hike before! the view from the top is awesome, eh??