Tuesday, February 14, 2006

and the answer is . . . .

4 compartments!

reticulum
rumen
omasum
abomasum

since cows have a fermentative stomach, they process their food differently, so the first two compartments are more for fermentation, and the omasum is for absorption and movement of nutrients to the abomasum, which is the equivalent of a human's stomach

weekend highlights included:

seeing the look on andrea's face when i showed up early on friday
moving andrea, liz, and kara to their new apartment
eating lobster, crab, and shrimp at red lobster
spending time in the 70 degree california weather
getting a professional massage for valentine's day :)
and of course . . .
spending time with the woman i like a lot!

happy valentine's day everyone!

cheers,
myronius

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day! Woohw--ee, we are almost as opposite as they get, huh? Science/math and art--i guess we've got both sides of the brain covered. But I think we balance eachother out, ya vet nerd. :) I have learned a lot of animal facts since you've been in school!
I almost forgot-- one of my students wrote you a Valentine-- probly the same student that on the thank-you note for speaking to my class on animals said'i like your voice', and told me she couldn't concentrate because you were so cute. ha haa looks like I've got competition. :)

Mike E said...

Hello Myron, It is good to see some the highlights of your life. And that you and Andrea and still together. that is awesome. Well Keep learning Myron.